PDA

View Full Version : Guildwars..

Rann
05-12-2004, 12:13 AM
is tight. Nice game.

Rann diethx in game

Corkorle
05-12-2004, 12:57 AM
I dont know whether i like it or not, PvP isn't that good, doesnt even tell who kills who, im glad its only a preview. I'll write a review after e3 is up, no PS for 3 days.

McGilla
05-12-2004, 02:07 AM
i'm enjoying it, Mr McGilla in the game

Tyo
05-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Get on TS, GuildWars channel.

Corkorle
05-12-2004, 03:20 PM
In Game messaging isn't implemented or its not working :(

Corkorle Rdy = me!

Tezbiros
05-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I'll try this tonight. I need a PS break.

Xenomorph
05-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I have it installed, name will be xeno morph fucking sur names

Corkorle
05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
PvP sux in this game, i quit :P Its not that fun anyway.

Nurg
05-12-2004, 05:23 PM

Cockhole is correct, the PvP blows.

EvilPot
05-12-2004, 05:26 PM
PvE wasnt all that great either. Tiny unscalable hills suck ass.

Sul Morthos
05-12-2004, 05:45 PM

Cockhole is correct, the PvP blows.

Yea but Nurgs, you know the correct translation of Cork's comment reads:

"PvP sux in this game because I got my ass kicked repeatedly. So I decided it's not fun and I quit."

Biral
05-12-2004, 05:51 PM
A game named guild wars and the pvp sucks? i haven't played it yet but that kinda sucks...

Tyo
05-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Regardless of opinions on PvP.

Those of you interested, let's try to get some matches going in the co-op area Thursday night. Hit the GW TS channel, mess around with those gems and let's see how well we cream the opposition.

Ritual
05-12-2004, 06:04 PM
For a game that isn't even in beta yet, with not even 5% of the world/game revealed for this event, it's solid as fuck. And no grinding.

EvilPot
05-12-2004, 07:00 PM
The stability was cool, and with a tiny client, and 'seemingly' no grind but I think that may be due to being bumped and no lvling during the e3 event. It's nice looking and the whole no monthly fee can't be ignored as its kinda the heir to the diablo bnet crowd... that could be a bad thing down the road.

Zarathos
05-12-2004, 08:37 PM
won ten in a row in arena so far :twisted: until lost 1 do to connection. 2 warrior/ necro, two monk/rangers worked extremly well.. Ill be down for some co op on Thursday.. been fun so far atleast.

Caedis
05-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Movement seems awkward to me, but that's probably because I haven't played an RPG in years. I ran an Elementalist/Ranger for a few minutes, ran around and did a quick quest - the quest systems seems pretty smooth - then went and got stomped in the arena. Might be a fun game. Hard to tell at this point.

Corkorle
05-12-2004, 11:26 PM
No, i didnt get my ass handed to me Sul, the PvP really does suck :P

Dreslin
05-13-2004, 08:23 AM
the coop quests that i tried out i thought were very solid, indeed the pvp was very iffy alot of the time. Did anyone else try out the seige of the fortress one where you have to defend that huge fucker as the other people try and kill him? Its fucking impossible, dont think i ever saw the defending team win once

Biral
05-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Biral Infection, playing as ranger/elementalist.

Tyo
05-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Normal TS is down. Use ts.airhart.org for the time being.

Merrick
05-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Merrik X Warrior/Monk, I'll be checking it out tonight

Biral
05-13-2004, 08:01 PM
doing some coop things right now, pretty cool. one was i had to scout out the enemy army, i find it and have to bust ass back to the friendly troops or get owned, then the next one is tied right into that, fight that same army. kinda cool.

Biral
05-13-2004, 08:04 PM
delete

Raidan
05-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Raidan Blade Warrior/Monk -

Game look graphically amazing, simple but fun. I'll try to find you fuckers tonight

Tyo
05-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Great fights Thursday night. Hoping we can get some more in on Friday(last day of demo).

Couple things to note for those of you who played or are planning on joining in.

1) Monks are key. Without healing you don't last long. Spells that a "good" monk needs: Restore Life, Heal Other, Mend Ailment and preferablly Vengence. Getting a good monk up and running takes a while playing non-pvp.

2) Spells that freeze or reduce movement rate are key. Rangers, Mesmers and several other classes have this spell. We need it.

3) There is a rare gem vendor in the town where you can get the more valueable gems for 25gp each. He's in the SE part of town by himself. You won't always get a gem for your class, so save what you get and swap with others.

Nurg
05-14-2004, 02:15 AM
PvE wasnt all that great either. Tiny unscalable hills suck ass.
I have to agree, the PvE isn't great either, with the pathing in the game its very easy to expliot the mobs. I was doing this earlier before the server rolled back, and had several quests done.

There is a solo area right outside of town, and in that area are a bunch of Earth Elementals, bout ten I belive. You agro all of them when you get in range, all I had to do was step to the side in front of a rock, and they all got in a line because they couldn't figure out how to get past each other, so I only had to fight one at a time, instead of ten.

A game named guild wars and the pvp sucks? i haven't played it yet but that kinda sucks...
The PvP sucks cause basically you don't do anything but click your spells/special attacks. All you gota do is target someone, and your character auto runs at them and follows them around. So its also very hard to evade someone as well.

After tonights PvP fest, we learned that chain healing just fucking owns. One Warrior was able to beat the crap out of several of us, while several Monks just chain healed the fucker. Not to mention the whore had some phat gear as well.

For a game that isn't even in beta yet, with not even 5% of the world/game revealed for this event, it's solid as fuck. And no grinding.
It's not that solid. And there is no grinding because its an E3 event. I'm sure during closed/open beta you'll have to grind the fuck out of levels just like every other MMORPG on or coming to the market.

The stability was cool, and with a tiny client, and 'seemingly' no grind but I think that may be due to being bumped and no lvling during the e3 event. It's nice looking and the whole no monthly fee can't be ignored as its kinda the heir to the diablo bnet crowd... that could be a bad thing down the road.
Stable, yeah.

Nice looking, yeah to a point.

No monthly fee is going to be a nightmare. Its already a l33t d00d cluster fuck just like on bnet for this E3 event.

Movement seems awkward to me, but that's probably because I haven't played an RPG in years. I ran an Elementalist/Ranger for a few minutes, ran around and did a quick quest - the quest systems seems pretty smooth - then went and got stomped in the arena. Might be a fun game. Hard to tell at this point.
Nope you are correct, the movement is fucking awkward, point click movement just doesn't work, and even just using the FPS movement keys its awkward.

The quests were boring to me, they lack detail and story line, and some of the quest NPCs were just gay and anoying. Like Prince whats his fucking name spaming "Hurry we must keep moving" every three seconds, then having a conversation by himself, running off in the wrong direction and so forth.

doing some coop things right now, pretty cool. one was i had to scout out the enemy army, i find it and have to bust ass back to the friendly troops or get owned, then the next one is tied right into that, fight that same army. kinda cool.
Co-Op missons went smooth for us, cause it was KAAOSers grouped together. When I did a misson this morning with people I didn't know, it was total ass.

People running off, not healing each other, fighting over loot, even when the loot said it was droped for a certain person, and people not resing, which made no sence because EVERYONE can res atleast once if there is no Monk in the group.

Great fights Thursday night. Hoping we can get some more in on Friday(last day of demo).
Yep it was fun doing mass PvP with KAAOS again. I just wish there was MORE to actually do while fighting instead of just clicking my hot keys over and over.

Tezbiros
05-14-2004, 03:21 AM
I certed Adv Med. I mean I am now Monk\Ranger.

Raidan
05-14-2004, 08:51 AM
There is a solo area right outside of town, and in that area are a bunch of Earth Elementals, bout ten I belive. You agro all of them when you get in range, all I had to do was step to the side in front of a rock, and they all got in a line because they couldn't figure out how to get past each other, so I only had to fight one at a time, instead of ten.

Nurg, I did that one too - the mob AI does blow but it's pre-beta - so I kinda excpected that bug. After clearing them out, if you bear left and then right there's a big 16lvl "mage" elemental that carries some rare gems, I think you can use them to upgrade you weapons in town (need some gold too).

I know this is a very simple version of the game but you gotta love the tiny little client that runs this game right now - I was playing 5 minutes after the download.

Nurg
05-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Nurg, I did that one too - the mob AI does blow but it's pre-beta - so I kinda excpected that bug. After clearing them out, if you bear left and then right there's a big 16lvl "mage" elemental that carries some rare gems, I think you can use them to upgrade you weapons in town (need some gold too).
Yeah there are actually two named Elementals, and the bastards didn't drop gems I needed! :P

Ritual
05-14-2004, 12:20 PM
I switched to ranger/monk for tonight since there may be a final night tourney. I really would like to try ranger/mesmer but there isn't enough time to work out the finer points.

I have no doubt that if there was more time a killer unit could be put together and molded into a cohesive force.

Some interesting shit was when a group of koreans came at us with all warrior/monks. Another interesting one was one group that was like 6 monks 1 warrior and 1 ranged. It was funny to see 4 and 5 people trying to take down the zarathos juggernaut, he is fully fucking equipped.

Zarathos
05-14-2004, 12:21 PM
If you guys need money for the monk/ranger gems just look me up later and ill toss out some cash so you can be battle ready if we get enough people again tonight.. Ive noticed most of those "rare" gems that you have to pay 25 gold to randomly recive are showing up on the venders now as more and more people find the merchant so instead of wasting time might aswell as just go buy them strait up since gold is really easy to get anyways.....

Tezbiros
05-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Where should I go to get a bow for my Monk/Ranger?

Dreslin
05-14-2004, 03:53 PM
i have an extra bow you can have if you want, otherwise just by from the armor merch

Dreslin
05-15-2004, 11:28 AM
It was amazing how much better guildwars alpha was then lineage 2. I never was a fan of lineage 2 in the beta stage but guildwars smoked the hell out of it in just about everything. Graphics were better, alot less lag, leveling didnt seem to be a grind, pvp was actually somewhat entertaining.

Biral
05-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I think the coolest thing that made it better then L2 was that you could travel from perilous north to tombs of drascir to khylo to arena and back to tombs of drascir in about 5 minutes. Last night when i was just fooling around solo while you guys did tombs, i went to arena and got to round 4 with a random group, then died a few times so hit up walls of ascalon, then stone summit...etc. Its not like EQ where if you wanna go group with some friends in OS or something where you had to find a port, pay him money, run to the zone, find your friends, buff up, then get started. That whole process takes maybe 2 minutes in GW. Tie in instancing for coop missions, and its a solid game.

Ritual
05-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Well it was a lot of fun, especially for pre-beta. My only problem was with being able to shoot arrows and spells directly through anything. It makes it so 'cover' is pretty much uselss.

Raidan
05-17-2004, 09:53 AM
I was flipping thru my last months issue of PC Gamer (10th Anniversary issue - April I think - if you want to check it out) They had a 4-5 page article on GuildWars and they interviewed the "big 3" lead developers from Blizzard that left to start work on Guildwars. I guess they've been working on this game for almost 2 years. One of the guys was the project lead for WoW and left Blizzard right at the beginning. Pretty cool article in anyone wants to look it up.