PDA

View Full Version : Unreal 3 engine footage with the new gforce 6800

Nurg
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
If you haven't seen this, watch it. You'll be fucking amazed! :shock:

http://www.jamesbambury.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal3_0002.wmv

War Knight
04-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, this is what I was talking about on the other thread. It's unreal (pun intended).

Rann
04-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Thats insane. Thats a pretty big fookin leap in current gfx capabilities.

Valstorm
04-14-2004, 07:18 PM
I just had another dorkgasm

StrikerTek
04-14-2004, 10:11 PM
I think it's funny that the guy said that when they started making it, the current gfx technology only made it possible to run it at 2-5fps.

It looked like even the 6800 was struggling to keep it at around 30fps.

Valstorm
04-14-2004, 11:48 PM
The stupid thing is that companies withold new technology and sell the outdated stuff so they can get a larger profit-to-research ratio.

Example
You've got a sliced loaf of bread. At one end is the bestest part and at the opposite end is the crappy worthless piece of moldy shit nobody wants. Companies always sell us the next best thing to the piece of moldy shit, even though they've got many many slices that are far better. Why do they do this? so nothing goes to waste, and the time and energy spent making the bread wasnt for nothing.

I cant wait for 4th generation graphics, a totally interactive environment... immagine blowing out the supports of a tower with your decimator and watching it crumble =)

Sul Morthos
04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
I cant wait for 4th generation graphics, a totally interactive environment... immagine blowing out the supports of a tower with your decimator and watching it crumble =)

Yea, but that is not a graphics card...that is environment handlers. Download Soldner (has potential, currently a step above shitty) for an example of where games WILL be heading.

It is a current-day FPS along the lines of C&C/Counter-Strike/Rogue Spear. A few shots will kill...so if it ever fixes its problems and is successful, strategy will be heavy.

You can take a Stinger and blow down a tree. Take out that jeep with one? Yea...the three guys near it drop and die from shrapnel....and you might even leave a depression in the ground. Tank rounds WILL leave minor craters in the ground. Blow a building up (at least partially) or blow a hole in the side of one with a grenade or EXP pack.

The concepts are great.

McGilla
04-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Pretty soon they next generation video cards will be coming out as pci express cards instead of agp card which is reported to be atleast 4 times faster transfer rate than agp which will probably make all or motherboards obsolete. supposedly coming out by the end of the year.

Sul Morthos
04-15-2004, 12:46 PM
They will dual-produce PCI Express and AGP cards for at least a year, if not two.

There is also an industry change to a BTX motherboard format coming this year, and your revered traditional PCI slots will become obsolete as well.

Motherboards by the end of this year will be BTX format with high end boards with PCI Express (both vid and expansion slots). Midrange and low-end boards should have dual PCI Express and AGP, or at the very least PCI Express and traditional PCI.

And oh yea...with the new BTX motherboard standard comes a new Power Supply standard as well ;P

McGilla
04-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Here is what was said on screen savers http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/showtell/story/0,24330,3649748,00.html