PDA

View Full Version : Planetside worth it?

LordFade
04-13-2004, 04:50 AM
I left that game maybe six months ago, after the release of the expansion.

Needless to say, it was pretty boring at the time. I got sick of the ninjaing and the relative lack of fps skill required.

But one misses the big infantry fights now and then.

So, is it better than it was, or SSDD. Does tanks and the like still dominate, or are there good open field infantry fights now and then?

Hedron
04-13-2004, 09:02 AM
It's a vehicle and inside game. There are occasional outfit infantry fights in rare circumstances, but they're not frequent. The game has changed in a number of important ways.

Weapons are more balanced. Surge got nerfed, so the win is less about lag and warp. Galaxy's are seeing much more consistent use now-a-days. Empire lock ratio changes, capitol bases and broadcast warpgates have slowed down offensives, but picked up the pace of defense.

I love the game, so I'm biased. But it's still fundamentally similar. True FPS afficianados will continue to dislike the lack of a head-shot. IF when you played before, you didn't play with a good outfit, then in my opinion, you missed out on about 2/3rds of the fun. Solo planetside = stupid and boring. Coordinated movement with an outfit = challenging and fun.

Hed