PDA

View Full Version : Interactive General KAAOS FAQ

Azmodion
04-07-2005, 09:29 PM
This is an evolving FAQ in an OOC (out of character) format to help answer general questions regarding KAAOS. If youíve seriously got a specific question about KAAOS in general, feel free to pose your question on this thread. We will edit this post and add your question (with an answer) to the FAQ if appropriate.

Toro
04-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Test.

Azmodion
04-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks.

Toro
04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
And hell I got a question

Whos the core, core core core group of KAAOSers who have been there since the guild came into existence?

Azmodion
04-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Well, Iíll answer that but donít think it needs to be added to the FAQ. I think that the only KAAOSer left that has been here from the beginning is Blayloc but that was before my time. Maybe one of the elder KAAOSers can correct me if Iím wrong.

Toro
04-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Nother question, Mr. Hunt & Go for the throat.

Hows the KAAOS progession through different games work? We decide if we like a new game coming out and get into it, or just move on when one of our current ones dies?

Biral
04-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Red/black so correct me if i'm wrong Azmo or other KAAOS:

KAAOSers do what they want. There has never been, and likely will never be, a guild decree of 'We don't play this game anymore', although i'm sure when NWN started to die or whatever other games, there was a general flow towards the exit door. If multiple or many KAAOSers play one game obviously there will be a guild represented there, but there is no mandate that says "KAAOSers play WoW, Planetside, and xyz".

New games: WoW as an example. Obviously several KAAOSers were in beta, but when WoW was going to be released, there were clearly a lot more who wanted to play. I don't think it was decided "as a guild" that KAAOS was going to play WoW, so start playing it. In general, everyone playing WoW right now is interested in WoW or some aspect of WoW and so we play as a guild out of choice. KAAOSers can stop playing or leave a game pretty much at any time, if a game is dying i'm sure there are more quitting, but you aren't out of the guild for quitting or anything like that.

In short, KAAOS is for life. Gaming is our hobby and sometime obsession, and we play said games with other KAAOSers because we like or hate but respect them enough to play with them (not true for everyone ;p).

Akujin/FP
04-08-2005, 09:55 PM
A good post to check out is this:

http://forums.kaaos.com/viewtopic.php?t=3625

Just because it isn't a game that has official forums doen't mean KAAOS doesn't have a black-gloved grip of wtfown on it.

Azmodion
04-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Biral was pretty much on the mark. I'll elaborate a bit though.

KAAOS is a community of gamers. Once somebody makes full KAAOS this guild belongs to them just as much as anybody else. We pretty much consider KAAOSers members for life. KAAOSers can play any game they want to play. KAAOS will back every KAAOSer in whatever endeavor they pursue. Every KAAOSer is different but most KAAOSers won't start playing a game by themselves and immediately make the guild "KAAOS" in game. However, they are KAAOS and they have a right to do so. If a KAAOSer likes a game they usually let other people know what they are playing and try to drum up some interest. If the KAAOSers in a game decide they are going to make a guild in the game then it is up to them to decide who will be the guild leader and how the guild will operate. They have the freedom to run the guild any way the wish. If they need a board section or some of the other resources from KAAOS then they usually just have to ask.

If some KAAOSers made a guild in a game and one of the AGMs (Kal Mirage, Hedron, or myself) or the GM (Tyo) starts playing they generally turn over guild leadership to that person. However, the AGMs may just pass on it and let the organization in that game continue to run the way it was running before they started playing. One of the reasons why the AGMs and the GM are the people they are is because they want to see KAAOS thrive and if things are going well without their intervention they don't have a problem letting it continue to run the way it was running. Each of us (the "management") wants what other KAAOSers want; a place to play with other KAAOSers, a place to kick ass with other KAAOSers. We have simply offered to help achieve that end. If the GM is in a game though it should most definitely be passed on to him and he shouldn't decline.

When there is no longer enough KAAOS interest to warrant a board section or other resources those avenues are usually closed and KAAOS is pretty much considered no longer in the game.

Meldrath
04-26-2005, 04:05 PM
do any KAAOSers that play WoW used to play UO on Great Lakes? I remember seeing you guys in pretty big numbers there back in the day... I used to be Dr. Evil, the lone PK. :twisted:

Azmodion
04-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Yes, there are some KAAOSers in WoW that played UO on Great Lakes. I played as Azmodion (and probably Ryman & Victor Ark), Kal Mirage played, Tyo, Sangdraxx, Rellik, Rann (Rann joined KAAOS in UO on GL), Hedron (though he doesnít play WoW), King Kobra (though heís not playing WoW any longer that I know of), Krynal (running as Kry in WoW), Blayloc, and a few othersÖ

Oh yeah, Pharismod was an enemy of KAAOS in UO (he joined KAAOS shortly thereafter).

Thatís about all I can remember off the top of my head.

Meldrath
04-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Sweet, good shit Az...

Oh yeah, Pharismod was an enemy of KAAOS in UO

That was my case too hehe. Well, at least I vaguely remember getting into some minor skirmishes with KAAOS members... that was some good PvP'ing...

Sir Rellik
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
do any KAAOSers that play WoW used to play UO on Great Lakes? I remember seeing you guys in pretty big numbers there back in the day... I used to be Dr. Evil, the lone PK.

Heh! Heh! Found this on an old cd:

http://www.whytefamily.com/rellik/uo/uo0017.jpg

http://www.whytefamily.com/rellik/uo/uo0007.jpg

http://www.whytefamily.com/rellik/uo/KAAOS Tower.jpg

NeoPhoenixTE/TR
05-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Another question

Hell Holes: What are they? How do they work?

I've read the archives, and I just see an IRC log for the first two or three pages.

Toro
05-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Neo you nublet, even I know what hellholes are =P

NeoPhoenixTE/TR
05-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Neo you nublet, even I know what hellholes are =P
I know the basic idea: The initiation of a new member into the KAAOS core group.

But anything deeper than that is a mystery.

Imad
05-04-2005, 04:36 PM
And now you know...

And knowing is half the battle...

GI MOE!

Along with Larry and Curly,
GI Moe is there

GI MOE!
GOOOOOOOOOOO MOE!

http://guides.webspool.com/guide-img/products/1838.jpg

Drothum
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Haha Imad .. nice.

NeoPhoenixTE/TR
05-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Answering my own Hell Hole question here, here's what I got from it after watching one.

A Hell Hole is ritual in which members of KAAOS step up and prove themselves worthy of promotion within the KAAOS core ranks. Spectators are welcome (the more the merrier from what I've seen)

Some members are "scheduled." Also, other attendees are welcome to step up and prove their worth to the KAAOS Gods. Those that are scheduled are (apparently?) sponsored by an existing member of the KAAOS Gods (example being Hedron sponsering Feyd in the May '05 one).

Proving one's worth itself is a task that the person chooses. There is only one request made of someone who steps up and approaches the throne: "Spew Evil, bitch!"

This means you have to spew some "evil" that is deemed worthy of the KAAOS Gods. Said evil is often in all caps, and during the time, the other people in the room attempt to derail the person, like a mental gauntlet the person must endure to prove their worth.

After this trial, the KAAOS Gods take a vote whether the person advances in rank or not. This voting process is far from organized and is haphazard as fuck, just like the entire Hell Hole.

The HH is held in two locations at once: within IRC @ irc.gamesurge.net #KAAOS and on TeamSpeak in "The Hell Hole" channel. They are held monthly and announced in the general forum. (typically the first Tuesday of every month, but again, simply based off of observation)

The most recent Hell Hole also introduced an option to spew your evil over voice, a daring trial.

The overall feel of a Hell Hole is a bunch of twisted fuckers getting together in a room to make fun of whoever is stepping up and just have a good time. Even if someone does not intend to step up, they are worth attending to get a little "KAAOS Culture" in your mind.

However, it would seem Azmo gets bitchy if you just sit there and watch for two or three session in a row without steppin up. They all have this nasty bloodlust. ;)

That sound about right for a HH?

Eagle923
05-05-2005, 06:27 PM
That sound about right for a HH?

Or you could sum it up as this:

Crawl up to the throne, start cursing and telling a gruesome story, everyone starts yelling/typing random thoughts, then all the KAAOS guys vote no and give you a funny tag and rainbow avatar.

Then if you keep coming back to be bitch slapped, they eventually give in...

hehe.

NeoPhoenixTE/TR
05-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Or you could sum it up as this:

Crawl up to the throne, start cursing and telling a gruesome story, everyone starts yelling/typing random thoughts, then all the KAAOS guys vote no and give you a funny tag and rainbow avatar.

Then if you keep coming back to be bitch slapped, they eventually give in...

hehe.Cliff Notes version ;)

Pendara
08-09-2005, 10:40 AM
you know I had to get to this thread by clicking the link under recent posts..i dont see it on the normal thread list, or maybe my head is in my ass...add to FAQ?....
Edit
Once i posted on it, it was on the list...weird..

Tezbiros
08-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Why do we have to explain everything to every one? How about looking at the box called "Display Options".

Pendara
08-09-2005, 11:20 AM
*pop* oh there's my head..

Cyce
08-22-2005, 03:30 AM
good times...

Tezbiros
08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Stop fucking replying to ever fucking post you can find.

If you don't have anything to add then shut your fucking trap.

Drsomewhere
06-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I've got a question, I clicked my name and went to my user CP, what is a referral?

SoulStealer
09-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Where can I find the IRC information?

Duvii
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
http://forums.kaaos.com/showthread.php?t=6511&highlight=gamesurge

The search function is immensly useful.

SoulStealer
09-26-2006, 05:45 PM
http://forums.kaaos.com/showthread.php?t=6511&highlight=gamesurge

The search function is immensly useful.

So is authorization to areas of the forums I no longer have access to.

Tyo
09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Confirm your account via email.

DPOverLord
10-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Hmmm Anyway to get my authorization again?

Tyo
10-08-2006, 02:31 PM
DP, haven't seen you around. What's up?

Qwik
10-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Does Azmo and Hedron still play games?

History dies young, trust me.

Q.

Azmodion
10-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Heh, yes Azmo & Hedron are still alive and kicking. While we don't game as much as we used to, we can still be found in PvP centric games swinging the KAAOS attitude. I don't know about history but I can tell you neither of us are young but true KAAOSers never die. And as long as there is a KAAOS, neither will our influence on its' history.

Heh go go palm pilot reply on the internet!

DPOverLord
10-17-2006, 12:44 AM
DP, haven't seen you around. What's up?

Yeah I layed off wow looking at new games atm. What you been up to these days?

Pizdets
10-19-2006, 07:58 PM
edit: disreguard.

Bengesserit
10-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Where are your WWS logs? HUH? WTF?

Squrf
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Where are your WWS logs? HUH? WTF?

What the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck would we have publically accessible WWS logs posted for assfelchers like you posted in a FAQ forum?

You fail at so many things, it's not even worth the time to explain. Here's one thing for you: if you're thinking about applying, don't waste your time. As a matter of fact, go back in time and tell your parents to not waste their time either.

Tyo
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Christ. Apparently Squrf's off his meds again. I recommend doing what I do- ignore him.

Catastrophy
10-15-2007, 05:50 PM
What the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck would we have publically accessible WWS logs posted for assfelchers like you posted in a FAQ forum?

You fail at so many things, it's not even worth the time to explain. Here's one thing for you: if you're thinking about applying, don't waste your time. As a matter of fact, go back in time and tell your parents to not waste their time either.

LOL That's either some really desperate trolling or you just need to CHILL THE FUCK OUT. You're like, the opposite of what KAAOS claims to be, man.

Here's our WWS:

http://exalted.thejayhawk.com/new/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18

I was busting your balls. But apparently yours have either been shattered or not yet formed.

EDIT: I have no reason to app. I'm one of the founders of EXALTED and there would be no reason for me to leave a guild 2+ years long and strong for anyone, let alone one with an uptight officer.

I'm a friend of Akiya's and she transferred over to your server. Who is awesome BTW, but I'm sure you already know that by now. Your guild has a very similar raiding and current progression point as ours. I was interested in looking at your logs to compare how a guild with similar gear is performing. It's hard to look at a t6 guild farming old content and then compare that with us who are on our second week on Kael.

I've heard your guild's dps is exceptional, and I'd also like to take a look at the compositions you normally roll.

So I was being very abrasive, so what? You need to wind down a little. Unclench, let the man pull out, take a shit so you're no longer full of it, and then reconsider when you can figure out I was just dicking around with you and would just like to see your logs from a sister guild perspective.

Agrimat
10-15-2007, 07:00 PM
KAAOS is a lot of things.

Here's our WWS:

http://exalted.thejayhawk.com/new/ph...c.php?f=4&t=18
There's your problem. You're posting your logs on Lossendil, which is too slow to be practical. You guys clearly have your own website - why not host them locally?

The FAQ thread isn't the right place for this either. Make a new thread, and we'll compare ePeens.

Catastrophy
10-15-2007, 07:12 PM
KAAOS is a lot of things.

There's your problem. You're posting your logs on Lossendil, which is too slow to be practical. You guys clearly have your own website - why not host them locally?

The FAQ thread isn't the right place for this either. Make a new thread, and we'll compare ePeens.

This is an evolving FAQ in an OOC (out of character) format to help answer general questions regarding KAAOS. If youíve seriously got a specific question about KAAOS in general, feel free to pose your question on this thread. We will edit this post and add your question (with an answer) to the FAQ if appropriate.

Whatever you say re: where I should be asking. Made sense according to the OP.

Yeah we should host them locally. I'll look into it.

Squrf
10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Christ. Apparently Squrf's off his meds again. I recommend doing what I do- ignore him.

GOD DAMMIT TYO YOU TOLD ME THEY'D BE HERE ON THE 15TH. IT'S THE 15TH. THEY ARE NOT HERE. THEY ARE NOT HERE!

Defender
10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Here, have some cake Squrf.

http://1790restaurant.com/desserts/images/choc-layer-cake_06-23622.jpg

Toolio
10-16-2007, 01:34 AM
The cake is a lie....
The cake is a lie....
The cake is a lie....

Berak
03-03-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2008-02-28.png

Azmodion
03-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Here's an addition to the FAQ:

Q) Are faggots allowed to make faggot posts on the FAQ?
A) No, Faggots are not allowed to make faggot posts on the FAQ. Take your faggot ass faggot cake posts and fuck off.