PDA

View Full Version : For those not in the WoW beta - Lineage2 beta

Gankles
03-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Lineage2 beta is now accepting applications for the closed beta. www.lineage2.com.

Corkorle
03-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Lineage 2 goes Open Beta on the 28th -- i played on the tawain open beta and i didnt like it, too much of a grind -- more so than EQ, not a game for me, i didnt even get to test out the PvP.

Zarathos
03-25-2004, 09:20 PM
PvP mechanics actually isnt to bad, but the pk system is worse then the UO's grey... people just stand around and wait for someone to flag themselves and then jump in and 20 to 1 gank the person lol.. I havn't tried the actual guildwar's yet or anything which I do hear are very fun.... but the grind is what definatly kills the game for me... its brutally boring and even worse then EQ...

Valstorm
03-26-2004, 04:20 AM
Urk... UO, brings back dreaded mining memories

Xenomorph
03-26-2004, 10:09 AM
I played L2 beta and besides the fact it takes 3-4 hours to get 1 lvl after lvl 5 (I stoped at lvl 10) the exp pentalty when you die is enough to make you quit playing.

But besides all that its like playing D2 in 3D. you double click on the ground for your chr to move to that spot. And use your F1-12 keys to do attacks. Couldn't get used to the controls, If it had a option to use the classic MMORPG controls with WASD or arrow keys to move I might have tried alittle harder to play it.

malhavok
03-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Played L2 pretty extensively for a while now. Pure PVP game, that has a GREAT system to cut down on PK/gankers. I was really jazzed about it since the PVP aspect is the foundation of the game...sounded kick ass. Doesn't have any of the silliness of Shadowbane like having euro's attack your castle at 3:00am on a work night, and burning your shit down. However, the brutal leveling treadmill has GOT to go.

Just wrote this piece on their official message boards and remembered there was a thread here about it.

http://boards.lineage2.com/tm.asp?m=77141 (may have to log in to view it) You even get to the see the little L2 fanboi's try to bash me. ;)

Anyway, it gives a pretty good overview of the game and some of the problems it has, and how it's going to have to change to compete with WoW or EQ2 which is just around the corner. Open beta starts this Sunday and I'll prolly hit it hardcore until I get to the first class split, then check in occasionally to see if the leveling grind is going to be changed. One nice thing, they aren't doing a character reset after the end of open beta in a month, so you'll have a nice head start. Looks good though, if you still like to PVP in online RPG's.

Zarathos
03-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Playing this along side PS, atleast untill I get into the WoW beta.. open or other wise :? YES im that bored and have THAT much time on my hands these days :roll:
started up on the server #1 orc warrior, Thrugar .. if anyone else playing open beta give me a shout