PDA

View Full Version : Guildwars anyone?

koop
03-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Just wondering if any of you have been keeping up with GuildWars, a few ex-blizzard guys (main developers behind WC, Diablo, Starcraft) are comng out with their own MMORPG...no "treadmill" gaming as they call it, more action and blood...plus an emphasis on PvP especially within guilds, and the guild holding that area gets taxes and benefits, etc..check it out, looks like massive bloody destruction for all to enjoy...

www.guildwars.com

if so i'd be intrested in (re)joining you guys when it comes out...oh and btw, no monthly subscription...hells yea? lemme know what you think

koop

Azmodion
04-03-2004, 01:30 PM
I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while. The more information that I get (and that's not much as there isn't much out there) the more I like it. It's definitely a game I will be checking out if/when I can get a beta account or when it goes live. This game is being built for PvP and they are trying to build it for competitive balance (trying to eliminate the zerg and PKilling in an attempt to restore competitive PvP).

Here's a fan site that has some information on the game:

http://www.photics.com/

Check out the Guildmaster Photics Issue #4 on that site.

With this game and WoW on the radar I predict “entertainment” in our future ;>

koop
04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Sup Az. Been a while (doubt you remember me, kurupt from Yserbius and UO). Anyways, check out the new issue of photics, lots of juicy info about PvP and combat. Finally a MMORPG that is going to take skill to play rather than just time invested. Can't wait to finally get a chance to kill someone again, I've been out of the PK loop since UO...haven't had time or money to invest into other mmorpgs..alright, gotta get to work, later.

Corkorle
04-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Thats not an MMORPG :P I dont care what they say.

Corkorle
04-08-2004, 11:50 AM
dbl post.

Azmodion
04-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Thats not an MMORPG :P I dont care what they say.

Heh, this should be amusing...

And what makes you say that Corky?

Nurg
04-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Sup Az. Been a while (doubt you remember me, kurupt from Yserbius and UO). Anyways, check out the new issue of photics, lots of juicy info about PvP and combat. Finally a MMORPG that is going to take skill to play rather than just time invested. Can't wait to finally get a chance to kill someone again, I've been out of the PK loop since UO...haven't had time or money to invest into other mmorpgs..alright, gotta get to work, later.

TRANSLATION!!..................

Sup Az. Been a while since I last sucked on your cock ( doubt you remember me, kurupt from Yserbius and UO, you used to shoot jizm in my eye.) Anyways, check out the new issus of phagtics, lots of juicy info about butt darts, and dingleberries. Finally a MMORPG that is going to take skill to play, rather than just time invested. Can't wait to finally get a chance to smoke someones pole again, I've been out of the fag loop since UO...haven't had time or money to invest into other mmorpgs since I am a total looser still living with my mom..alright, gota get to work, my boyfriend wants me to floss his asshole with my tounge, later.

XENONIX
04-08-2004, 03:19 PM
roflmao

MrJoshua
04-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Just to translate Nurgling:

http://jwfenton.homestead.com/files/diefire.gif

McGilla
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
This is exactly what kind of game it is: The difference between Guild Wars and an MMORPG is that Guild Wars has been built from the ground up to create a fun and exciting experience right from the start of the game, even for first time players. We’ve eliminated frustrating elements such as spawn camping, kill stealing, endless traveling and treadmill gaming. Guild Wars provides an environment where you can meet new people and make friends in public gaming areas, but enjoy all the excitement of battle that comes from team-based combat in private virtual worlds. Finally, Guild Wars has been designed to reward gamers for their playing skill, and not solely for the number of hours they've spent gaming, which enables well-balanced competitive missions between players of almost all skill levels

Corkorle
04-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Your not gonna be in the same area as 100 other people, its gonna be zone after zone that can hold so many people, battles will be in different "zones" its just gonna be like instance dungeons, you'll find your party in 1 zone, then you'll go into an instance and kill stuff or pvp.

If theres lag you can't really complain, your not paying for servers, if the server is down a lot, you can't really complain because your not paying for the servers, you bought the game, your not paying to play on their servers. I smell Hacks-a-million inc to this game.

Nurg
04-08-2004, 08:56 PM
This is exactly what kind of game it is: The difference between Guild Wars and an MMORPG is that Guild Wars has been built from the ground up to create a fun and exciting experience right from the start of the game, even for first time players. We’ve eliminated frustrating elements such as spawn camping, kill stealing, endless traveling and treadmill gaming. Guild Wars provides an environment where you can meet new people and make friends in public gaming areas, but enjoy all the excitement of battle that comes from team-based combat in private virtual worlds. Finally, Guild Wars has been designed to reward gamers for their playing skill, and not solely for the number of hours they've spent gaming, which enables well-balanced competitive missions between players of almost all skill levels
Heard it to many times from other MMORPGs, I will belive it when I see it.

Your not gonna be in the same area as 100 other people, its gonna be zone after zone that can hold so many people, battles will be in different "zones" its just gonna be like instance dungeons, you'll find your party in 1 zone, then you'll go into an instance and kill stuff or pvp.

If theres lag you can't really complain, your not paying for servers, if the server is down a lot, you can't really complain because your not paying for the servers, you bought the game, your not paying to play on their servers. I smell Hacks-a-million inc to this game.
Exactly.