Tezbiros
08-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Who's using it?

Got any Profiles to share?

Rish
08-17-2004, 08:23 PM
I picked one up about 6 months ago and love it. Here is my Planetside profile:
http://boley.us/misc/Planetside.n52

It is basically my UT2004 setup with modifications for PS.
- The basic theory is to keep everything critical bordering the movement keys, or on the mouse. My fingers are not as agile as they used to be so simple and close = good.
- ESDF style movement. I guess it could be considered WASD, but it feels more like ESDF since they are all small keys (no Cap-lock or Shift sized keys)
- Reload, use key, ammo type change, 3rd person and one hip holster are near the movement keys (other weapons are on mouse up/down/click)
- Thumb pad controls Jump (up), Crouch (down), Zoom (towards me), Heal (away)
- Space button is for teamspeak. Some use this for jump but I found the button too hard to push quickly, and have learned to prefer having jump/crouch opposite each other on the thumb pad.

One problem with the N52 is that the keys are harder to press than most keyboards. However I find the convenience of the thumb pad to more than make up for this. Having your thumb able to work 4 commands is a great advantage. Also, the keys seem to have been broken in a bit now and are easier to use.

The mouse wheel on the N52 is near impossible to reach and useless. Imagine having a mouse wheel in place of the V key on your keyboard (if you use WASD movement). Not too handy.

I have not messed with the red/blue/green shift abilities, so no comments there.

Summary: Best $25 gaming accessory I have ever bought.