PDA

View Full Version : PS Forums

Valstorm
08-17-2004, 01:40 AM
Usually I read the PS forums on the Sony website.. I never usually post anything, tonight when I tried.. it wouldnt let me, I was logged in under my PS account username and my cookies were turned on, but everytime I tried to post something it kept asking me to login, so I logged in, click the 'remember me' box and then tried again.. same thing happened, so I login once again and then continue to the forum, it tells me "this thread has been removed".. ok so nevermind, I go back to browsing the forum and the thread is still there.

So I try again, this time I try to post something myself, and same thing happens.. login.. continue.. "you are not logged in", its like some kind of endless cycle.

All I can figure is that it must be something I've not done or done wrong, because it does the same thing with my firewall turned off, all my internet security set to 'low' and I checked my cookies, they're turned on and fine.

Any thoughts?

Feyd
08-17-2004, 02:41 AM
I have the same problem, exactly as you described.

But every time I think about posting in a thread and realize I can't, I'm immediately consoled by knowing that it's only saving me from posting in a community filled mostly with embicles and whiners.

Valstorm
08-17-2004, 06:26 AM
yea but what if you want to join in and be an imbecilic whining piece of shit like I do?

Ezzenon
08-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Exact same thing happens to me, no idea why. Perhaps someone who can post could make a post in the troubleshooting forum or whatever, maybe Hammerfel screwed something up.

Hedron
08-17-2004, 09:59 AM
MAke sure your browser allows that site to set cookies.

Valstorm
08-19-2004, 09:01 AM
it does the same thing with my firewall turned off, all my internet security set to 'low' and I checked my cookies, they're turned on and fine.

I sent the sony support an email about two weeks ago about it, they didnt get back to me.

Xenomorph
08-19-2004, 09:26 AM
If your having problems loging into a site here is some steps to fix it

1. Make sure cookies are enabled.

yeah I know you checked it but check agian

2. in your web browser delete all cookies and temp internet files.

Alot of times people get a currupt cookie or temp file of the website they are visting and in turn your computer will not over write the file seeing its already there or the modified time is older than the currupt one.

3. you could have spyware/adware which has changed settings in your browser

goto www.download.com and get adware 6.0 and spybot search & destroy. install them check for updates and run. they are free and don't install adware of their own, or install adware just so it can say hey I found something buy me now to get protected.

Alot of ad/spy programs like GAIN, Sidefind, webrebates, wildtangent, etc.. add data miners, tracking cookies, browser addins, etc.. that can and will affect other sites you goto. I deal with this on a daliy basis being a network admin watching over 560+ workstations and 500+ users who love to surf the web.

4. your browser itself could be currupt from something you uninstalled, or ad/spyware that was removed.

goto add/remove programs and run a repair on your web browser.