PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten(Aptly name) World

Dagolith
07-29-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm sure most of you have forgotten about the NWN project. They finally got the nuts/rights to the majority if not all of the original NWN game code. The only differences in game really are different looking NPCs, all the teextures and everything else are pretty much the same, and they'll actually be getting into beta soon. Check it out, maybe KAAOS would wanna dominate thre again, if just for a short time.

FW is late as shit, but if you're interested, I suggest you check out their new build, it's pretty eerie since the game looks exactly like NWN did, with people inside of it and everything.

Faust
07-30-2004, 12:07 PM
I took a look at the web site trying to get some info. Did I see that they have a bunch of different races/classes? Is that the case, or is it still the old Cl/Mu for PvP?

Maniac
07-30-2004, 02:18 PM
pretty much the same.. you may have seen the old build stuff which was much different. Slightly different names of the classes, but they are the same (copyright shit).

All in all yer going to be a clam or whatever it is called to be a pvp'er.

As of now, the have in 5 or 6 areas, all former NwN Retro areas up through Port Llast. They say several new areas should go in this weekend.

After a tough first week, the client stanility is much improved, though occassionally still buggy and will punt yer ass on occasion. Though.. so did the old version on AOHell.

Not a bad game to go in a bust heads without a whole lot od time maxing a shit. And of course the best part is that it truly is trun based combat...

Faust
07-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Probably a typo, but quite a Fruedian Slip ya got there:

...the client stanility is much improved...

Maniac
07-30-2004, 04:39 PM
heh... stability.

Anywho.. more info... same spell grimm and the spells have the same effect right down to Cone of Cold not working correctly. Thus ya can dust off the old pvp manual and jump right back into the thick of things with a little work...

Maniac
08-07-2004, 11:54 PM
I know most of yas don't really give two squirts, but just in case, they have the areas all the way up to Triboar now.... Somewhere between 10-12 areas in all right now.... PvP is just begining to happen again...