PDA

View Full Version : Going to play AO for awhile

Xenomorph
07-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Going to give old AO another try. Just want to keep myself from getting burnt on other games. Anyone else playing AO, or interested on trying it out? I'm going to play for abit seeing the speical out now were you can dl and play the game with both exp packs for 9.95 and no monthly fees until sept 1st.

Click here (http://www.anarchy-online.com/)

Gankles
07-17-2004, 10:29 PM
You fucking asshat, why are you gonna go back to that shit. You'll be so fucking outowned by all the bitches with 100billionkazillin credits. I was thinking about pulling that shit back out too and grinding a doc or trader up to 150 in about a month but I don't feel like going through the migranes I get from figuring out implants and buffs just so I can be the tweakest 150 character. Ao is a fucking tweakfest and I don't miss that shit ooooooooone bit.

Ezzenon
07-18-2004, 05:13 PM
I've been playing for about a week now, I played at their absolute clusterfuck of a release, then played again about 6 months later, and I figured $10 for both expansions and free playtime until September was worth checking it out again. At the very least, if I ever go back to it again, I'll have the expansions.

I got an engi and an MP to ~50 and got absolutely fucking bored of the mission system all over again, though. Its the only way to level and make enough money to actually afford your spells, and after you're cleared all the Clan hooligans out of that rundown subway for the fiftieth time and you realize there's two hundred fucking levels worth of that, it tends to crush your will to play their game.

Ezzenon
07-18-2004, 05:16 PM
I was on RK1, btw. At the very least, I could log on and hook you up with tradeskilled shit - my MP makes implants and my engi makes just about everything else, up to about QL50-55

One thing anyone who does get the trial and go play should watch out for is the absolute spookiness level of their CS. It's quite possible that AO has the best MMORPG CS at this point, by a huge margin from the games that I've played. The ARK people get some sort of message whenever an account's first character is created, and a live GM meets you inside the newbie zone within 30 seconds of entering the game the first time. I had three friends that tried it out with me, and all 4 of us got the spooky insta-GM greeting.

Fyrn
07-18-2004, 07:33 PM
It's a fact that AO has the best CS ever. Simply because they care about their customers. But yea, the mission system is why I don't play it probably.

Xenomorph
07-19-2004, 08:48 AM
You fucking asshat, why are you gonna go back to that shit. You'll be so fucking outowned by all the bitches with 100billionkazillin credits. I was thinking about pulling that shit back out too and grinding a doc or trader up to 150 in about a month but I don't feel like going through the migranes I get from figuring out implants and buffs just so I can be the tweakest 150 character. Ao is a fucking tweakfest and I don't miss that shit ooooooooone bit.

yep already quit, not because of that shit, but simply becuase all the good players on rbk2 are gone like you, me (deadcel), littletotem, antideath, coagulator. only high lvls left are the gimps we made fun and tortured back in the day like gimp ass superleet.

Gankles
07-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Yep, anyone worth a shit already quit but I think Credd and Lucas were still playing.....soon something will be out that we can all play together again. Until then, it's www.americasarmy.com for me.