PDA

View Full Version : DAoC Anyone?

Faust
07-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Although reluctant to getting roped into another game...

http://www.comebacktocamelot.com/

I might fire up an old account or two (wifes) and see whats cookin. Those folks I know whome are still in DAoC are saying good things.

Biggest Fears:

1) Having no clue WTF I'm doing after 2+ years away.
2) Becomming interested enough to start finding out
3) No guild.

Anyone else keeping an eye on this? I'm looking for excuses for NOT checking it out, now that I think about it. (found one!)

Draggs
07-01-2004, 07:55 PM
I hear New Frontier Expansion is geared more to mages right now and still needs balancing.

I did how ever play 4 months of Trials of Alantis expansion, and must says farming for items that you then have to go spend more time lvling off or special monsters or at different location was a pure crap feast.

Corkorle
07-01-2004, 07:56 PM
I dont wanna get hooked again heh.

Sul Morthos
07-02-2004, 01:24 AM
New Frontiers is a Range game.

IE casters and Archers. I had an archer once upon a time...I reactivated and goofed off tonight...actually dinged a Realm Rank.

The premise is nice, the RealmWar map reminds me of PlanetSide hotspots...and the anti-cheat code actually works.

But I don't know that the RvR interest will last. The bit I had tonight was fairly fun stuff though...not a zerg, but not one on one. Fast and furious, and terrain actually played an important role.

Zarathos
07-02-2004, 01:59 AM
Ya heard new expansion is pretty good, alot of talk about it on a few of the other gamer boards... Most people seem to be into it.. I had a 46 wiz.. few other characters in 30's but im not sure if I can be bothered to try it though.. :?

Imad
01-09-2006, 12:49 AM
I have been back on DAoC for a while now, heres the latest update summary:

1) "Classic" servers. New Frontiers, but no Trials of Atlantis (read: everquest lite). Nice pops, good action. Currently got a couple 50's on Hib Lamorak and working on some mids on Gareth

2) Tank love patch: lots of new toys for tanks to make em more viable in the range game.

3) SturmGrenadier has moved onto Albion Gareth. That alone makes me want to roll a mid.

Sul Morthos
01-09-2006, 12:56 AM
LOL on SG.

Still could not stomach going back to DAOC...even with my Ranger/Shade/Tank/Caster all at 50.

Alaron
01-09-2006, 01:48 AM
I did one of the DAoC 14-day free trials recently, and I found that after playing wow, it was a very clunky game. The PvP on the non-ToA realms was actually pretty cool, but it just doesn't flow well enough as an RPG for me to be interested in playing it. Now, I'm not one of those graphics freaks (hell, I played a MUD for like 6 years), but when a game FEELS clunky, it just isn't really for me.

Valstorm
01-09-2006, 05:04 AM
This year is the year of the ADDMMORPG where everybody plays every single MMO at the same time and spends $50 a month on subscriptions

Rann
01-09-2006, 08:02 AM
lol val

Squrf
01-09-2006, 09:12 AM
DAOC is ass. Class balance is shitty for PVP (about a quarter of the classes are truly useful in PVP, the rest are fluff) and if you thought 40 man raids in WOW were bad...I used to run/assist 80+ man Sidi raids. Leveling is also a bitch unless you've got a guild that knows how to powerlevel.

don't do it ;p

Faust
01-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Please note: the original post was from 7/1/2004.